Contact usQuestions about a product?
Not sure which adaptation is the best for you?
Need more information?
ALVA BC640Bluetooth Braille reader and keyboard with 40 cells
Sending and receiving e-mails, reviewing appointments and surfing the web, all in Braille. Offering 40 Braille cells, an optional built-in screen reader and high range integrated Bluetooth technology, the ALVA Braille Controller 640 wirelessly connects to your computer, smart phone or tablet without having to install a driver.
The Braille Audio Feature Pack makes the ALVA BC640 even more versatile. The integrated Braille keyboard enables you to take a quick note or write down a phone number. The ergonomically designed input keys reduce the need to use the computer- or smart phone- keypad. Integrated stereo speakers lets you listen to the speech output of your screen reader while reading Braille.
- 40 Braille cells for reading.
- One piece cell cap.
- 40 cursor routing keys positioned below the Braille line.
- Smartpad with 5-way navigation key and 4 function keys.
- 5 navigation thumb keys.
- 4 navigation keys.
- 4 GB integrated memory.
- Possibility to include your preferred screen reader on-board.
- Integrated high range Bluetooth technology (within a range of 100 meters).
- Integrated Lithium Ion rechargeable battery: offering 10 hours continuous use with auto standby function.
- High speed USB port.
- Dimensions: 13.3 x 2.9 x 0.7 in.
- Weight: 1.6 lb.
ALVA BC640 Feature Pack:
- 8 Braille input key for writing.
- Keys for Control, Windows, Enter, Alt and Spacebar.
- Internal note taking functionality.
- Time and date function.
- Built-in stereo speakers.
- Volume control and mute button.
- Additional rechargeable Lithium Ion battery (extends the battery life of the ALVA BC640 up to 20 hours of continuous use).
- 3.5 mm headset and microphone connections.
Screen reader compatibility:
- Windows 7 and 8 (32-bit and 64-bit): JAWS (version 10 and up), SuperNova, Window-Eyes, NVDA, System Access To Go.
- Windows Vista and Windows XP: JAWS (version 10 and up), SuperNova, Window-Eyes, NVDA, System Access To Go.
- Symbian: Mobile Speak, Talks.
- Android: BrailleBack, Mobile Accessibility.
- Apple Mac OS X Leopard, Lyon, Mountain Lyon and higher: VoiceOver.
- Apple iPod Touch, iPad and iPhone iOS 5.1 and higher: VoiceOver.
- Linux: BRLTTY.