Contact usQuestions about a product?
Not sure which adaptation is the best for you?
Need more information?
ALVA BC680Bluetooth and USB Braille reader with 80 cells
Sending and receiving e-mails, reviewing appointments and surfing the web, all in Braille. Offering 80 Braille cells, an optional built-in screen reader and high range integrated Bluetooth technology, the ALVA Braille Controller 680 wirelessly connects to your computer, smart phone or tablet without having to install a driver.
It is the smallest Braille display containing 80 Braille cells making it the ideal solution for professional and educational environments.
Thanks to the two USB ports and the integrated Bluetooth, the ALVA BC680 is the only Braille terminal offering simultaneous connectivity with two separate PCs or a PC and a smart phone. Connect your PC keyboard directly to the BC680 and work on the PC while staying connected to receive text messages in real time. Connect to one mainstream device by USB and the other by wireless Bluetooth. The ALVA BC680 makes all this possible using the innovative “split-point” feature to divide the cells into a pair of separate displays with individual sets of keys and the use of just one PC keyboard.
- 80 Braille cells for reading.
- Two piece cell cap.
- 80 cursor routing keys positioned below the Braille line.
- Two smartpads, each with 5-way navigation key and 4 function keys.
- 10 navigation thumb keys.
- 4 navigation keys.
- 4 GB integrated memory.
- Possibility to include your preferred screen reader on-board.
- Integrated high range Bluetooth technology (within a range of 100 meters).
- Integrated Lithium Ion rechargeable battery: offering 10 hours continuous use with auto standby function.
- Two high speed USB ports.
- USB keyboard connection.
- Dimensions: 26.8 x 2.9 x 0.7 in.
- Weight: 2.6 lb.
Screen reader compatibility:
- Windows 7 and 8 (32-bit and 64-bit): JAWS (version 10 and up), SuperNova, Window-Eyes, NVDA, System Access To Go.
- Windows Vista and Windows XP: JAWS (version 10 and up), SuperNova, Window-Eyes, NVDA, System Access To Go.
- Symbian: Mobile Speak, Talks.
- Android: BrailleBack, Mobile Accessibility.
- Apple Mac OS X Leopard, Lyon, Mountain Lyon and higher: VoiceOver.
- Apple iPod Touch, iPad and iPhone iOS 5.1 and higher: VoiceOver.
- Linux: BRLTTY.